Sunday, September 25, 2016

Creatures Great and Small -- Bears

Over the past few months, I have been focusing on painting from nature as my passion for art comes from the beauty of the Mother Earth and all her creatures great and small.

My oldest grandson loves bears and for his 17th birthday, I painted him a bear portrait in all transparent watercolor.  I named this painting "Bear Essentials." 


Bear Essentials   12 x 16

Not long after I painted the bear, my daughter and her family moved into a new house in Pennsylvania.  I shipped the painting to her new home already matted for framing.  Some of the other house-warming gifts I had made were through Fine Art America.

 
John and his bear!


Two throw pillows made of my animal paintings for John's bedroom.



To really add to the effect, I had a shower curtain made for John and Brent's bathroom.  Every morning they awake to the huge face of the bear.  However, during the middle of the night, a trip to the bathroom can be a bit scary.  I stayed at their new home for 3 weeks this summer and it was certainly an experience to shower with the bear.



This painting has certainly brought much joy to our family and my heart!  

Prints and gifts available at Fine Art America at this link: Bear Essentials


--  Anna Jacke

No comments:

Post a Comment