Sunday, October 30, 2016

Anna's Harvest Colors at McMinnville September Art & Wine Walk

On September 17, 2016, I had the honor of being the Artist of the Month during the McMinnville Art & Wine Walk.  It was my second time being hosted by Inner Oasis - Mind, Body, Spirit,  a popular gathering place for metaphysical workshops, meditation and energy healing along with a storefront filled with crystals, locally-made organic gifts and some amazing kitchen gadgets, cookware and accessories.

I spent most of August and half of September preparing for this fall-themed show.  The first thing on my list was to order 60 greeting cards made from my fall-themed artwork. Greeting cards are an inexpensive way to share the gift of art. I also created new paintings done exclusively in oil. Because we were approaching autumn and harvest season, I also created a watercolor series of eight whimsical scarecrows for the "Colors of the Harvest" theme.

Despite the fact that the first rain of the season happened the morning of the event, I was still able to set up my display and be ready to greet the public by 10:00 a.m.  Most people wanted to chat about the long-awaited rain after a very dry summer.  Until the wine pouring began at 4pm, I had the opportunity to do some watercolor journal painting.  Lots of people watched with curiosity and asked questions about what I was doing and if it was hard to paint with watercolor.  I had even dazzled the owner of Inner Oasis with a quick pen & ink watercolor of a gadget display.  

It was a fun time with lots of art & wine enthusiasts filling the streets and shops hosting the  artists.  Events such as these bring people together from all walks of life.  What is most important for me as an artist and as a human being is meeting people and having the opportunity to share my passion for art and listening to others talk about what brings joy in their life.   Isn't that why we are here?

--- Artist Anna Jacke
 

Artist of the Month at Inner Oasis - September Art & Wine Walk




My watercolor journal painting at Inner Oasis






ANNA JACKE FINE ART DISPLAY
  
MY NEW OIL PAINTINGS IN THE WINDOW DISPLAY




No comments:

Post a Comment