Sunday, October 30, 2016

Whimsical Scarecrow Series for Fall 2016


During the month of September, 2016,  I made the commitment to be part of an artists challenge:"Thirty Paintings in Thirty Days."  I also had an art exhibit coming up in Downtown McMinnville on the 17th of the month.  My thought was to utilize this time to create something new for the show that would be fun and unique. Downtown McMinnville also hosts a scarecrow competition on Historic Third Street for local organizations and merchants.  What a great idea!

For eight days in September, I spent every waking hour and sometimes into the night, sketching and creating a new "Whimsical Scarecrow Series" in watercolor for my Colors of the Harvest Portfolio.  

In the process of painting them, I had fallen in love with all of these happy faces. Each scarecrow had a unique theme and name:  Leafy Lefty, Apple Annie, Jester John (named after my 17 year old grandson who is terrified of clowns), Gossamer Glenda, Arachnid Angelica, Rodeo Sam, Pumpkin Phil and Sunflower Lizzie.

When they were complete, I matted each original for an 8 x 10 frame and displayed them for sale during the September Art & Wine Walk.   So many people wanted greeting cards that I decided the next day to offer cards for sale at $5.00 each on my retail website at Pixels.com 

 



Prior to the exhibit, I made the decision to keep "Arachnid Angelica" and "Gossamer Glenda" for my private collection and put them on display only.  They are currently on the wall in my foyer for Halloween!  My daughter in Pennsylvania wanted the originals, but I said she'd eventually inherit them and give them to her grandchildren.  I sent her matted prints and she framed them.
 
In the meantime, the remaining six original matted watercolor paintings are still for sale at my studio for $45.00 each. If interested, send an email to studio@annajackeart.com. Other unique gifts made from my "Whimsical Scarecrow Series"  are available at Pixels.com.


Whimsical Scarecrow Series on the easel

Here are tote bags made for Halloween available from my retail website  Pixels.com  



Whimsical Scarecrow Series matted and ready for framing!

 







These happy scarecrow faces along with "Rodeo Sam, Sunflower Lizzie, Pumpkin Phil and Jester John" make great decorations during the harvest season and Thanksgiving.  Please visit my storefront at Pixels.com to see them at full size and to order greeting cards, metal prints, shower curtains, throw pillows, t-shirts and other great gifts.   Enjoy!    

---  Artist Anna Jacke

No comments:

Post a Comment